Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies


So this recipe should be well-known, but if it is not, I am making it my business to share it. I used Devil's Food Cake and rolled them in powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar. Enjoy the photos and check out the end for the recipe! =)

Here is the line-up. And like I said, try with any flavor, and the powdered sugar is unneeded if you want to roll them in regular sugar!


 Start with your cake mix. You will need 1/3 cup of oil. (I added a tiny bit more, the dough was drier than I wanted)

Add two eggs and 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla!

Mix it all together with a spoon. It will be thick, but make sure it is all mixed! Stick in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, or if you're impatient like me, the freezer for 5-8 minutes.

Time to get sticky! Use your hands to roll the cookie dough. Roll in powdered sugar and put on greased pan!

Yeah, I currently am using a big-girl easy bake oven =) Thanks Mom! Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes!

 
Oh man! Check out that powdery, ooey, gooey-ness! I am ready to try some new flavors now! Enjoy!
I have already have 3, and I can't lie...The proof is in the powdered sugar on my shirt.. =)

Ingredients
  • 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • powdered sugar
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, vanilla and eggs with spoon until dough forms. It will be thick.
  2. Refrigerate dough 15 to 30 minutes or as needed for easier handling. Or place in the freezer for 5-8 minutes. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar (regular or powdered). On greased cookie sheets, place balls about 1-2 inches apart. (Mine didn't spread very much)
  3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute on the pan. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container. Enjoy!
**So, I didn't realize that the regular sugar in the recipe was for rolling (that is way too little to roll in) so I put it in the recipe, and I love how mine turned out. So just for your reference, mine have 1/4 cup sugar actually in the recipe and rolled in powdered!)**

No comments:

Post a Comment