Sunday, March 18, 2012

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken

I found this recipe from a fellow blogger!  I LOVE buffalo chicken and I love making meals in the crock pot. It makes my life so much easier around dinner time. Plus you can use frozen chicken in it.

You will need:
  • 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken FROZEN breast
  • 1 bottle Franks Hot Sauce
  • 1 pkt Ranch (or equivalent seasonings)
  • 2 tbsp butter
* I would recommend not freezing styrofoam packaged chicken. Hacked it up to get it frozen out of the package. The 1st time I used the regular frozen bag of SBCB.*  Slowcooker liners are also great!


Place your frozen chicken in the crock pot.


This is my homemade ranch seasoning stash. Pour some of it on the chicken or use a packet of ranch dressing mix.

Pour the whole bottle of hot sauce in! Mmm! Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Test it around 6 hours, if it is easy to cut (falls apart) then it is done. Shred the chicken.


Steaming hot!



Add 2 tbsp into the sauce and stir. Add the chicken again. Cook on low another hour.


Just a preview of one way we enjoyed it... On pitas with cheese!

Also is great in a wrap with lettuce and ranch! Wanting to try it with melted velvetta and tortillas chips next! 
Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment