Sunday, May 27, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Bars

I went to the Carlsbad Farmers Market yesterday with a friend. I hadn't been to one around here and it was a great place to find all kinds of fruits, veggies, and homemade products. Anyways, we left with lots of strawberries and I had a fridge full of lemons. I found this recipe and decided to give it a go!




Start by mixing the butter, sugar, flour and salt to make the crust dough. I used melted butter to make it easier. Press it down in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. (I greased with this fabulous secret). Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees.

 
Cut your strawberries to puree them. I took off most the the skin/seeds because I didn't have a way to strain the puree. Add the puree to the lemon juice and zest.


Add the eggs and remaining ingredients to the fruit. Mix well. I used the 'whip' attachment for my mixer.



Pour the filling onto the warm crust and bake another 23-25 minutes. The filling will the set when it is done.

Let cool completely before cutting into them. Refrigerate. I recommend serving them cold.



Mm, they are tangy, but still sweet! Definitely refreshing for a hot day!

Good job K&K test kitchens! Love the recipe!











No comments:

Post a Comment