Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easy Chicken 'Cordon Bleu'

I haven't ever had real Chicken Cordon Bleu, but this I know the basic components of the recipe. There are a couple other improvisations floating around Pinterest, and I threw this one together. 

You will need:
  • Thawed, boneless skinless chicken breast
  • Seasonings
  • Cheese (of your choice)
  • Ham

Flatten the chicken breast. We don't have a meat mallet, so I was classy and used wax paper and a hammer. It worked!


I used Provolone Mozzarella cheese, which is a delicious combination! I also got thick-cut deli ham. The seasonings are a basic combination in my kitchen: pepper, salt, garlic and dill.

Layer cheese and ham on each chicken breast.

Fold in half and season both sides of the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until they are not longer pink inside.


Just for the yummy factor, we added another piece of cheese and ham on top and let it melt before eating! Let me tell you it was pretty good! Double meats is okay in my book! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment