Sunday, July 29, 2012

'Pot Roast' Crock Pot Chicken

So my crock pot is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I can cut up veggies and meat before work and throw them all in the pot. They cook and get yummy while I am working and are ready just in time for dinner. Going into work at noon has its advantages! (sorry for no photos. Didn't know if it would turn out)

Anyways, I had the veggies and seasonings to make pot roast in the CP, however the roast looked a little sketchy to me. It had been in the fridge a little longer than usual. So I decided to hold off until the Hubby could help me out.

At this time I already had the potatoes and onions cut and ready to go. So I grabbed a couple of frozen BLSL chicken breasts and used them instead of the roast. And this recipe is really easy to make in smaller portions. Just use less of all the ingred. and it will still be great!

You Will Need:

  • 2-4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
  • One can condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1 envelope pot roast seasoning (or similar choice)
  • Carrots
  • Potatoes (2-6 depending)
  • 1/2 to 1 onion
  • water
In a small bowl, mix the soup, seasoning and a little water. If you are making this for two, you can use half the soup/seasoning. Cut the potatoes, onions and carrots into small 'uniform' sizes so they all cook the same. Place the veggies in the bottom of the crock pot. (I RECOMMEND Crock Pot Liners.. they are a big time saver). Grab your chicken from the FREEZER and place over the veggies. Cover the whole mixture with the soup/seasoning mixture. Set your timer for 6-8 hours and put your crock pot on LOW. Everything is generally ready by 6 hours, unless you have large chunks of meat. I usually do 7 hours because of the time frame when I get off work.

This was great! I love the flavor of beef stew and the chicken was delicious and fall apart. And I even used the sauce to make a gravy! I can finally make a roux and simple gravy and I am pretty proud! Hope you will give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment