Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy Striped Canvas

This is another really easy wall decor project. I pulled these together in an hour or so.

You will need:
-Canvas(es)
-Acrylic paint in various colors
-Masking tape
-Ruler

I had an awesome 7-pack from Michaels. They have great sales there and always have 40% off coupons. I got lucky and mine was off anything, including sale items!  I also have a variety of acrylic paints and foam brushes to use.


Tape out your canvas. I did a couple diagonal stripes and one vertical. Use a rules to make sure your tape stripes are relatively evenly spaced. A little off won't matter though. *Make sure your tape is sealed on the edges against the canvas* Press over it a couples times.


Start painting. Let the paint dry between coats. I used 3 coats, but 2 would probably be okay.


Let the paint dry for 20-30 minutes after the last coat. Now you can take off the tape strips!


Voila! Now I also added a second color on each of these. Just tape them up again using the ruler and paint the second color. **Money saving tip- I reused the tape strips. The paint was dry by the time I pulled it up and it stuck just as well the second time!**



Here are the finished pieces hanging on our hallway. I love the color they add and they aren't over-powering!

Another I made for the 4th of July.. although it is still in the house and I feel good being patriotic!





No comments:

Post a Comment