Monday, September 10, 2012

Black & White Cookie Dough Cheesecake

I asked my husband a couple weeks ago what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. After some thinking, he told he a cookie dough cheesecake. Okay, so I started googling and searching Pinterest for some recipes. Most of them I found were actually bars and not a real cheesecake. I decided I would actually make my own cookie dough cheesecake.

I used a general recipe for the measurements. I am not good enough to guess on eggs/sugar/cream cheese yet :/ ! However I think I rocked out this cheesecake!

You will need:
-1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
-1/3 cup butter, melted

-3, 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream)
-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-3 eggs
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (extra 1/4 cup for drizzle)
-1 1/2 cups white chocolate

Egg-Less cookie dough


Crush your graham crackers into fine crumbs. While you are doing this melt the butter.


Mix well to make the crust for the cheesecake.  Grease your pan. I also placed a circle of parchment paper on the bottom to be extra sure it wouldn't stick. Press your crust on the bottom and up the side about an inch.


Combine the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.  Add the sour cream and flour. Mix well.



Take a second to scrape the sides. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well!



Melt the chocolates on a double boiler (or in the microwave if you are very careful). Heat until almost completely melted, then take off the heat and stir until the rest is melted.



Now we are going to make the 'black' layer of the cheesecake. Scoop out a cup and a half of the cream cheese batter and add to the melted chocolate. Mix very well, scraping the sides.


Spoon the chocolate cream cheese mixture onto the crust. Spread it out as evenly as you can. This other layer will also help do this, so don't worry too much about it.


Stir your white chocolate and add it to the remaining cream cheese mixture.


Mix well. I also added some mini chocolate chips to this. Layer it on top the the chocolate and even the top. Bake @ 300 degrees for 1 hout and 10 minutes or until the center is almost set. 

Let cool on wire rack for ten minutes and then run a knife around the outside.


While the cheesecake is cooling, mix your cookie dough. Freeze and then chunk into small pieces. 
After the cheesecake has cooled for awhile, place the cookie dough chunks on top of the cheesecake. You may need to press them into the cake a little bit. Then to make it extra pretty, I drizzled melted chocolate on the top of the cookie dough.

Check out the delicious-ness! Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment