Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quick Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

So I found this recipe a couple days ago and it sounds pretty good. I like most pumpkin things and since it is officially October, I am taking advantage of making them without people thinking I am a freak.

Anyways, I did some math with the measurements in her recipe. (The average cups in the oz of brownie mix and the average cups in the oz of pumpkin) I found out the it is 1 parts pumpkin to 1 1/3 parts brownie mix.

So in my cupboard I happen to have a baggie of partial cake mix and a partial can of pumpkin in my fridge. I am that person!  So I whipped together some pumpkin chocolate chip bars today!

(I apologize for the mixed types of photos. I took the first with my phone, then my sister called and I used my computer for the rest)

I started out with 1 cup of pumpkin (not positive is pumpkin pie mix would work, but it should)


Add 1 1/3 cups of yellow cake mix. I did a heaping 1/3 cup (the actual ratio was 1:1.3333)


Mix, mix mix, until the cake mix is incorporated.
 

Just for fun I added a dash of cinnamon, cloves and ginger. I also added some chocolate chips. Eyeball it to your liking. I just emptied the little bit in the bottom of the bag. 


Grease a bread pan and put the dough in.
 

Spread it out as best you can, it will be thick and hard to spread. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. A knife will come out MOSTLY clean. You want it to be a tiny bit doughy. Let sit for 5 minutes in pan. 

Cut and enjoy! I love the little extra that the mini chocolate chips give it. It doesn't take anything like yellow cake, but a good 'lighter' pumpkin taste! Hubby liked them and he's not huge on pumpkin.


You can make the proportions greater based off my ratio or do as Cookies and Cups did and use a box of cake mix for a can of pumpkin. I just liked being able to use the random amounts in my pantry. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment