Monday, November 7, 2011

My Chili

From my experience, everyone makes chili their own special way. Here is how I make chili, shaped by David and my mom! =) This recipe would feed 4-6 people. For us 2, we still can get 2+ meals out of it!
You will need: 1 lb of hamburger, 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1 or 2 cans of crushed/diced tomatoes, 1 or 2 cans of beans (pinto, black etc), 1 envelope taco seasoning, jalapenos, fresh onion, and garlic. Top with cheese, fritos, or whatever you please!

Brown your lb of hamburger, drain and (if you like) ass in jalapenos. David likes his spicy!


Add the taco seasoning the the hamburger meat and mix. Also add 1/4-1/2 a medium onion, and a clove or 2 of garlic. Garlic powder would also be good.


Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans, onion and garlic. I used about half each can of beans, but if you like them, use all of both. I also added more jalapenos and some hot sauce. ;) Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Be sure to stir occasionally. Top with lots of cheese and enjoy!

*I didn't have any, but I like to add a little beer to it before simmering. Learned this from my family and it gives it a great flavor!*

No comments:

Post a Comment