Monday, November 7, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cookies

I didn't use her recipe, but I was inspired by my favorite baking website, Picky Palate! She is awesome! These cookies just looked like a lot of fun, and I love cinnamon rolls!
You will need: your favorite sugar cookies dough-Chilled, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. For the frosting, Can cream cheese frosting, milk, and powdered sugar.

I don't like the dough I used for this recipe, but I might just share a family sugar cookies recipe closer to the holidays! =)


Split a full batch of dough in half, and roll out on a floured surface. Use extra flour on the top/sides when needed. Mine was about 12-15 inches long and about 5-6 inches tall. Just work it out into a long rectangle/oval and you will be fine!


Spread the dough with 1tbsp of softened butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the dough, be sure to cover it and don't skimp! =)



Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the brown sugar. Once again, lay it on! Now its time to roll. Start from the top and roll towards yourself. Slowly tucking down the length of the roll. 


 
Chill the rolls in the fridge for 10 minutes, or freezer for 3-5. Also chill between batches. Cut your roll, and because I wanted more cinnamon, dip the top of each cookie into cinnamon sugar! Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes. They will still look doughy, but let them sit on the pan for a softer cookies. 

Meanwhile, you can mix the frosting. I used canned cream cheese frosting and added some milk and powdered sugar. I wanted a thinner consistency. You could also make any real cream cheese frosting you like.


Oh man! Those look wonderful! Let cool on the pan a minute or 2. Move to cool and lightly ice with the frosting. They are also good without the frosting, if you prefer. I can't wait to try these with a better sugar cookie recipe. Hope you will enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment