Anyways...Here goes, I have started using Essential Oils. (Did I mention my husband lovingly refers to it as witch magic) I am sure you have heard of essential oils in some context, whether it be cooking, bath and body products, etc. I first got introduced to the idea when a friend was hosting a doTERRA party (a company specializing in essential oils). I couldn't make it to the party but started to wonder what was the deal with these EO's. Next a friend and her husband had gotten pretty sick and the friend used some oils to clear her sickness right up. Way faster than the husband on "American" medicine. I was really intrigued. At this point, I sat down with some other friends who had been using EO's and got a little lesson about them. I got some samples a couple weeks later and here I am.
The basic run-down on EO's is as follows:
- There are not official grades of EO"s but here is a general outline:
- Perfume: such as in bath and body products
- Food: what you might buy at local store
- Therapeutic: The oils I use, safe for body
- Because of the different grades, be cautious when buying oils to use on your body. I use doTERRA and their oils are tested to be used aromatically, topically, and internally.
- Essential Oil's absorb quickly into the skin, especially the skin on the bottoms of your feet. You can also use a carrier oil for strong oils or with oils on younger/sensitive skin. I use coconut oil and sweet almond oil as my carriers. Olive oil also works well.
- Most essential oils are high in antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Essential Oils work in your body at the cellular level
If you are interested in trying some essential oils or more information please message me and I will help you the best I can or find someone who can!