Monday, August 26, 2013

Essential Oils pt. 1

So I have been trying to get up the nerve to write this post for a few weeks now.  Living here in California is a whole new thing for Hubby and I, being from the midwest. A lot of things are done differently here being in CA and on a military base. Words like home birth, home-school, organic, and farmer's markets come to mind. I have enjoyed learning about all of these things in our time here.

Anyways...Here goes, I have started using Essential Oils. (Did I mention my husband lovingly refers to it as witch magic) I am sure you have heard of essential oils in some context, whether it be cooking, bath and body products, etc. I first got introduced to the idea when a friend was hosting a doTERRA party (a company specializing in essential oils). I couldn't make it to the party but started to wonder what was the deal with these EO's.  Next a friend and her husband had gotten pretty sick and the friend used some oils to clear her sickness right up. Way faster than the husband on "American" medicine. I was really intrigued. At this point, I sat down with some other friends who had been using EO's and got a little lesson about them. I got some samples a couple weeks later and here I am.



The basic run-down on EO's is as follows:
  • There are not official grades of EO"s but here is a general outline:
    • Perfume: such as in bath and body products
    • Food: what you might buy at local store
    • Therapeutic: The oils I use, safe for body
  • Because of the different grades, be cautious when buying oils to use on your body. I use doTERRA and their oils are tested to be used aromatically, topically, and internally.
  • Essential Oil's absorb quickly into the skin, especially the skin on the bottoms of your feet. You can also use a carrier oil for strong oils or with oils on younger/sensitive skin. I use coconut oil and sweet almond oil as my carriers. Olive oil also works well.
  • Most essential oils are high in antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
  • Essential Oils work in your body at the cellular level

If you are interested in trying some essential oils or more information please message me and I will help you the best I can or find someone who can!


No comments:

Post a Comment