Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Smores Truffles

So I have wanted to make peanut butter cups again this year, but yesterday while doing that I came up with an even better idea...SMORES CUPS! I have silicone cupcake cups, and they are awesome to use for this! They peel right off the chocolate when I am ready to take them out.

Here's what you need:
  • graham crackers (I used Teddy Grahams)
  • Hershey's chocolate
  • marshmallow fluff
  • silicone/paper baking cups

I used a Teddy Grahams, because I don't eat regular grahams alone. I also mixed Hershey's milk and dark chocolate. I recommend at least the milk chocolate, because it gives it the signature Smores taste.


Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. I used a spoon to drop a little chocolate in the bottom of the cups. I turned and moved the cups around to the chocolate coated the bottom and a little up the side. It was super easy and looked nice with these silicone liners!


Freeze them cups with your first layer of chocolate for a few minutes.

I crushed up the grahams in a bag. You can also used chunks or make round cuts of graham crackers for the bottom.


I did this step both ways, you can put marshmallow down first and them the crumbs, or the opposite. I used a plastic bag the pipe in the marshmallow, because it is so sticky and thick, this is probably the easiest to get it coated. Cover again with a thin layer of chocolate. Freeze 3-5 minutes. 
*It is best to put marshmallow down first, then the graham crumbs, 
otherwise they drop out when you bite in!*

Peel back the liner from around the cups and voila! They are delicious and just like a real smores! I keep mine in the fridge, otherwise they could be a melty mess!


Hoping to try and make some concoction of smores balls in the next week or so! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment