Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mexican Pizza

I apologize in advance because this recipes is accompanied by multitudes of photos like the last recipe was. However it was one we whipped together and had to share because it is so good! The dough recipe I use is really easy and makes some pretty tasty crust. This time when I made it, I doubled it and froze them in individual pizza balls.

What you need:
  • Pizza Crust Dough
  • Ground Beef
  • 1/4-1/2 Onion (optional)
  • Taco seasonings
  • Refried Beans
  • Shredded cheese
  • Toppings: lettuce, tomato, diced jalepenos, diced green chilis, sour cream, salsa etc

Stretch your pizza dough onto the pan of your choice. For the crust I had, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Start browning your ground beef. I cooked mine with diced onions and jalepenos and used various mexican seasonings. Whatever you prefer your taco meat to taste like is the idea.

While the meat is browning, spread a thin layer of beans on the crust. If you want salsa on it, do so now. Then I put a layer of shredded cheese and the cooked ground beef mixture. Cover with more cheese. (I used some velvetta cheese and it was 'nacho' like and cheesy how we enjoy everything!) Bake it until the crust is golden brown.

When it comes out of the oven you can top it with the cold toppings. I didn't use salsa, but we had some Taco Bell sauce in the fridge and that made it perfect!

**Just to give you an idea...I made one 9x13 (aprox) size pizza and we used about 1/2lb of ground beef for the topping and about 1/3 can of refried beans.)



No comments:

Post a Comment