Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Seven Sunday (Late Edition)

I can't believe the hubby and I spent all Sunday inside the house laying around and I forgot to do my Sunday post! So here is the late edition of Top Seven Sundays brought to you today thanks to my stomach bug! :(

And since I am not feeling so good, today's post is going to be my Top Seven Comfort Foods!




1. Baked Mac & Cheese: Mac and cheese is one of my ultimate comfort foods, not too mention the food I could eat anytime and over and over! This recipe includes four different kinds of cheese, including cream cheese. I can only imagine how creamy and delicious it is! We love cheese in this house.  Will be trying this recipe soon! Watch out for a follow-up post!





2. Mashed Potatoes: This particular recipe sounds pretty simple in the crock pot. When I make my mashed potatoes I like to use butter, milk, sour cream, dill, and CHEESE!  Or if my mom is making mashed potatoes, I take them with her brown gravy! Mmm, gravy is amazing too! 
 
 





3. Broccoli Cheese Soup: This is creamy, cheesy, and warm! Perfect for a dinner pick-me-up. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. Add some bread bowls and enjoy!









4. Pot Roast and Veggies: This one doesn't really need a recipe. Chuck round roast, potatoes, carrots, onion, roast seasoning packet and golden onion soup. Low for 6-8 hours. And pure delicious-ness. Love carrots cooked this way. This meal also can make gravy! :)







5. No Machine Ice Cream: Of Course any ice cream pretty much fits this bill, but its even better if you can just make it yourself. I do not yet own an ice cream machine and this ice cream is easy and very rich and creamy! :)







6. Pizza: Be it delivery or homemade (I was never really a frozen pizza girl) this is a must! We used to make it 'homemade' with my family, but we really just used box crust mix and added our own toppings. Now, David and I make it all homemade. I have found an awesome crust recipe that is easy and delicious! We can add anything we want on top and have the classic comfort food...or not so classic. I am wanting to try mac and cheese pizza :)






7.Chicken Pot Pie (Chicken Dumplings): This is a recipe my mom and grandma make that is my all time favorite! It is more of a chicken dumplings, but we always called it chicken pot pie. Basically a chicken broth with dumplings, all warm and thick. I WILL be making this recipe soon! SOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment