Friday, August 17, 2012

Sausage Gravy & Biscuits

This is an excited recipe to master for me and it ended up being ridiculously easy and not really a recipe at all!


The other night I asked the Hubby to pick up sausage for the spaghetti sauce. He thought he was clever and brought me home 3 different kinds of sausage (he said he just didn't want to put them back ;] ). So anyways I had breakfast sausage hanging out in my fridge and decided to finally make Mom's sausage gravy! This wasn't even a planned dinner. And the homemade biscuits and gravy together took about 30 minutes! Move over Rachael Ray! :)

Here is the recipe I used for the Biscuits. They are normal biscuits, but perfect for this dinner.
For the gravy...
-Breakfast sausage
-Milk
-Flour


Start by browning the sausage. Break it up as it cooks. 


While the sausage cooks, mix up your biscuit dough. I used a Rubbermaid container to cut them out and I LOVE that they were rounded-squares! :)


After the meat cook, resist the urge to drain it. Add enough flour to soak up all the grease. It will be more than you think, so keep mixing until the drippings are gone. Then you need to add milk to the mixture. Again, you will be adding more than you think. Start slow and mix. Let it simmer on low and as it thickens, add more milk to your liking.

It will be a thick gravy consistency. I like to break up my biscuits and put the gravy on top. It is delicious and so easy folks! Not the healthiest, but a classic in my household!

Enjoy!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment