Monday, January 9, 2012

Perfectly Baked Cookies


I have found out over the past few years, a lot of people I know (Mom *Cough*) have trouble getting cookies to turn out fluffy, thick and delicious. Now the cookies usually all taste good, but let's face the fact, a fluffy cookie is better than a see-through one!  So I compiled a couple of tips I always use when making cookies!

There are 4 basic things I always try to do:


 Melt the butter!

 Use more brown sugar than white. For example, the normal recipe calls for 3/4 cup white sugar and 3/4 brown sugar...Alter this and use 1 cup b. sugar and 1/2 cup w. sugar!
Whip the egg(s) before adding to the ingredients.
 This is probably the most important, CHILL YOUR DOUGH! If you are impatient like me, use the freezer before the first batch. But freezing the dough keeps it together  and it is less likely to melt all over the pan, especially a hot-from-the-oven pan. 









I never have issues with my cookies coming on paper thin anymore! They are much more appealing, and with the alteration of more Brown sugar, I think they taste better too! I hope these tricks work for you, leave me a comment and let me know! 

*Oh on a funny note, I stored some of these cookies with some of the whoopie cakes, and the cookies were SO soft, because the cakes were super soft. I guess this compares to storing your cookies with a slice of bread. It totally worked*




No comments:

Post a Comment