Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Reese Stuffed Giant Cookies

This is the first thing I have baked in the new house and let me tell you house nice it is to have a full kitchen and real oven! The basic recipe for the dough I got from the Fabulous Picky-Palate, except I didn't use M&M's and I stuffed my cookies!

Here's what you need: (I got so excited to be baking I forgot a line-up photo)
  • 2 sticks softened butter
  • 3/4 Cup sugar
  • 1 Cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 extra large eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
  • 3 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 12 oz bag chocolate chips
  • Regular size Reese Cups


I started out by melting the butter (makes chewy softer cookies). We don't have a microwave yet, so I melted it on the stove. if you are patient enough to brown the butter, it makes much better cookies! 

Add the butter to the sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.


Combine your dry ingredients and add to the wet.


Add a bag of chocolate chunks and mix well. Chill the dough either for a short time in the freezer or a longer time in the fridge.

I also chilled the unwrapped reeses cups for a few minutes. 


Take a scoop of dough and flatten it out with a slight 'bowl' in the center. Add the PB cup and a little more dough on top. Form a ball of dough around the Pb cup.

Before and after shots. They turned out so much better than I hoped!
(By the way, I also stuffed a couple with GS Tag-Alongs. Have yet to eat one of those yet)


Mmm! So delicious!


Lilly was in the kitchen watching the whole time I was baking. I got behind the camera too. Those were cookies on my muffin top pan. Equally as amazing!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment