Monday, November 12, 2012

Cooking My Way Through Pinterest: Days 1 & 2

So I recently posted to my FB page how I had pinned so many good things and I just wanted to make them all. Well without even realizing it I have been doing so. I decided to keep track of it and let you know if the recipe is worth trying!

A lot of these recipes have come from Two Peas & Their Pod. I recently pinned something from them and decided to explore the whole site. Needless to say, I came out with a LOT of recipes she either makes or links to on her site!


I actually made 90% of this on Saturday night to take to a friends. Long story short I got sick and put the baking on hold. The bites are alright, but I had enough dough to actually shape one more pretzel. I buttered it out of the oven and rolled it in cinnamon sugar. Mmm! And if you think pretzels sound too challenging to make on your own, you are wrong! I have used this recipe and another and both are easy and yummy! (Especially with cheese sauce!

Strawberry Nutella Milkshake
This milkshake is pretty good! I wanted a quick treat after dinner last night. I would use less Nutella than she calls for. Maybe just a spoonful. But it was good!

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Woke up before Hubby this morning and wanted to make breakfast. Found this recipe for C.C. muffins yesterday and decided after reading the good reviews to put it to the test. It was really easy to make. The longest part for me was melting the butter (we have no microwave, yes honestly!) They could definitely make more than 12 though. Probably 16 muffins if you only filled them 3/4 full! I would definitely recommend these. I froze our leftovers for another morning.

Bandito Chili Dogs
I am about to put this in the Crock Pot for dinner tonight, but this is actually a recipe my mom has been making for years! I love hot dogs in any form, especially chili dogs! How can you go wrong with chili, green chilies, onions, and fritos on your dog?!  I am making a double batch tonight with some hot chili/chilies and am going to freeze half for another quick meal!


*Yesterday for dinner I also made homemade Tomato Soup from stewed tomatoes a friend and I canned in September. The recipe is from no other than Picky-Palate, but the recipe is only found in her cookbook, which I HIGHLY recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment