Monday, November 19, 2012

Cooking Through Pinterest: 11.19.12

Sure enough I did cook today too!

Hubby informed me he needed a side dish and dessert for a work luncheon tomorrow. Of course I would love to whip a couple things up!

The first one is something I threw together.

I wanted to do Mexican rollups.  I combined 8oz cream cheese and about 3/4 cup sour cream (can be adjusted to taste). Chop fresh cilantro, pickled jalepenos and fresh tomatoes.  Add to mixture. Add an overflowing TBSP of taco seasoning. I used a can of refried beans and about 2 cups of shredded cheese.

Combine all the ingredients together and adjust the taste to your liking. Spread onto tortillas and cut. I used a bread knife and cut back and forth so I didn't squash the rolls. I think this would be perfect with black beans or shredded chicken to make it not so soft.  Feel free to tweak these rollups and make them your own!

Secondly I made Sugar Cookie Bars. I have had these pinned for awhile and finally tried them. I used an 11x17 jelly roll pan to make them and it was a great size. Don't overcook them! You want them to stay soft. I want to try these again with the cream cheese sugar cookie recipe I found ;)

 All boxed up and ready to go to work with my hubby.  Don't those look delicious? (I couldn't resist the sprinkles, even if they are for Marines)
 Baked Ziti: Lastly, we reheated an extra 8x8 pan of this Baked Ziti from last week and it was better reheated than the first time! I added about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on top to keep it moist but I don't even think I needed too. The inside was even cheesier than the first time. Next time I make this I will be freezing a pan for a second meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment