Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cooking Through Pinterest: 11.18.12

So I have given up on numbering the days. I have made a few recipes over the weekend.


Homemade Vanilla Extract: This recipe is actually from a friend's blog. She is talented and you should check her blog out!

I ordered my Vanilla Beans from the one and only Amazon.  I got two packs of 7 beans.  I used a small bottle of Smirnoff and the little bit that was left of this absolut. I just poured the 2 1/4 cups of vodka into this Absolut bottle and used 7 beans. This photo is after about 3 days. I am storing mine in a dark closet.




Krispy Kreme Glaze: Yesterday morning I was craving donuts. I didn't make the actual donut recipe from this page, I just made the glaze. I reluctantly made the standby: refrigerated bisuit dough fried in oil. Even just typing that sounds horrible. They aren't the best, but hot and in the glaze, they were good.

Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls: I made these for a Murder Mystery party last night. They were gone before the end of the night, so I guess everyone liked them. I did have issues with the recipe though. I made it the way she says, with cilantro instead of spinach. Then I split it in half and did half veggie with no dairy, and the other half with cheese, a little sour cream and shredded chicken. The 'veggie' version was too moist and the rolls got soggy. The cooked, but fell apart. The chicken/cheese mixture browned and crisped perfectly. So just be careful to keep the regular mixture more on the dry side.


Update: Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits: Hubby wanted breakfast food for dinner and I volunteered to find a recipe and make some biscuits. Oh these were so good. Scroll down and use the 'fluffy buttermilk biscuit' recipe. I used all all-purpose flour.  With butter and honey..OH YES!





No comments:

Post a Comment