Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cooking Through Pinterest: Day 4

So technically this is day 5, but I am going by the days that I actually do conquer some recipes! Today was a two recipe day for me.


The first was a delicious No-Bake Pretzel PB Granola Bar and they were so good.  I did some of my own substitutions though. I used coconut oil for butter, old-fashioned oats instead of quick, and honey bunches oats instead of rice Krispies.


Next, I have actually made this recipe before and it was really good. However, this time I tweaked it a bit and it is equally as good. Baked Potato Soup.  The first time I made it correctly with bacon and all.

This time I used about 4lbs of potatoes (peeled) and about a pound of cauliflower I had one hand. I used a blender to puree it and added the cream cheese, along with sour cream and a small amount of velvetta. I didn't have bacon or green onions today, but it was still a good creamy soup! And I think kids would like it if they like mashed potatoes. The cauliflower is easy to sneak it!

The full recipe makes a large pot of soup. I plan on freezing my extra soup and will have it with good ole baked potato way when we reheat it!

Well until tomorrow, have a wonderful Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment