Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cooking Through Pinterest: Day 3

Okay folks, I am back! And I am proud to say I made 5 new recipes today from my Pinterest boards! 
I was pleasantly happy with all of the recipes today!

  First I want to share a photo of last nights meal, Bandito Chili Dogs.  They were pretty good. Kind of a chili frito pie, with hot dog. Next time I want to slow cook it with homemade chili.



My after-work snack: Pineapple Spinach Smoothie. Now, before I lose you, HEAR ME OUT! Give this one try. If you are a neighbor of mine, I would be happy to make you one to try! David and I make smoothie at home all the time and I get halfway through and don't want anymore. They just aren't THAT good.  But this smoothie... the pineapple juice, frozen pineapple and frozen banana make for a thick smoothie and covers the spinach taste!!!  I've had a few Jamba Juice smoothies and that's what this tastes like!



Next up, I made two batches of cookie dough so I could freeze them in ready-to-bake form! I usually freeze my dough a bit before baking anyways, so I don't know why I hadn't done this before. Not one, but 2 flavors.  Red Velvet White Chocolate Chunk  &  Vanilla Pudding Choc. Chip  Cookies




Mix as usual, scoop the whole batch onto greased pans. Freeze on the pans alone. When almost solid (1-2 hours) then they can be placed into a freezer bag. I kept them from touching and will keep them on a pan so they can freeze solid overnight then I will lose the pan.  They can 'thaw' while the oven is preheating then should be good to bake.

Next, we had friends over for dinner and I made Baked Ziti & Basil Butter Garlic Bread.  The Baked Ziti has more steps than I realized, but now that I know I can plan accordingly for next time I make it. It is pretty good. A mix between lasagna and pasta bake. The bread looked a little sketchy, because it was green from the basil I ran through the Magic Bullet, but it tasted very good. I used less garlic than they called for, and used garlic powder. I also used shredded parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese on top.


So that's my wrap up for today. I don't expect 5 recipes tomorrow, but hopefully I can squeeze in one! Have a great night!







No comments:

Post a Comment